3. SCAMS AND FRAUD
What is what3words?
what3words is a really simple way to talk about location.
We have assigned each 3m square in the world a unique 3 word address that will never change. For example filled.count.soap marks the exact entrance to what3words’ London headquarters. 3 word addresses are easy to say and share, and are as accurate as GPS coordinates.
Our vision is to become a global standard for communicating location. People use what3words to find their tents at festivals, navigate to B&Bs, and to direct emergency services to the right place.
How to use what3words
From helping people find you, to navigating to businesses and meetups with friends, here are some simple ways for you to start using what3words:
Find a 3 word address
- Tap the search bar, enter a street address or place name, then select the correct search result
- Zoom in, switch to satellite mode and drag the map to find the exact location you want.
- Tap the square you need to see its 3 word address displayed at the top of the screen
The what3words app
Now you only need three words to find or share any exact location – an apartment entrance, station exit, picnic spot or parking space. Join millions using the free what3words app.
Request or deliver emergency aid precisely where it's needed – as used by the UN and the Philippine Red Cross.
- Help people find you by adding your 3 word address to contact details.
- UK drivers who break down in an unfamiliar location can now tell the AA exactly where they are using their what3words address.