Digital Training Team
This Committee has grown from and includes the Norfolk Digital Training Team, a National WI initiative.
- Our national remit is “to inspire, enthuse, educate and guide members to develop their digital skills.”
- Our Norfolk remit is to develop this further for all our members across the county.
We are a group of volunteers who will do our best to help. We don't necessarily know all the answers. But we will do our best to help find them
"We are here to help members, however little they know"
Top: Margaret Collingwood, Sheila Young, Anne Nelson
Middle: Sue Dyke
Bottom: Janette Kerrison, Paula Park, Genevieve Wicks
We enjoy meeting members and listening to their needs at Autumn Meetings, Federation Annual Meeting and to help them "Get Comfortable Online"
If we cannot meet you in person, we can offer friendly advice 'virtually' or by phone.
Future training events:
15th February GCO Any Questions
18th April Web Editor
20th June GCO Any Questions
19th September Web Editor
For further details on any of these, please contact the Digital Training Team at email@example.com , and to apply see application forms on the Norfolk WI News page.
We can come to you !
Whilst it is preferable for anyone needing training from the digital team to come along to one of our courses at Evelyn Suffield House, we can sometimes come out to small groups to help with training, especially for ladies who are web editors.
The ladies of Ingoldisthorpe, Kings Lynn and Snettisham WIs at their web editor training
We need you !
The Digital Training team are always looking for new team members - do you feel you have the skills to help ?
How Can We Help You?
Got a question about using your internet/phone/tablet/laptop?
Would you like to get online, or feel more comfortable online?
Maybe to borrow & read library books? Do you feel the need to order repeat prescriptions, find or update utility suppliers, or use council services online? Perhaps you want to shop online whether that’s one-off gifts or weekly grocery shopping, Do you understand your smartphone, want to manage photographs better? Maybe you have other “online surfing” ambitions, keeping in touch with family and friends through Facetime, Skype, Facebook, Instagram, Zoom or some other means.
useful help sheets here.
(this section is frequently updated)
Phishing messages on Facebook - how to deal with them
'Jargon Buster' from our "Absolute Beginners" Workshops
Get started with Zoom
Make a Newsletter for your WI
- The Norfolk WI Digital Training Team are able to help, even if we cannot meet you in person.
- We are all having to spend more and more time online and sometimes we need a friend to answer some 'how do I?' questions. No question is too simple!
- Get in touch directly by email and we will try and match you with a helper at a convenient time
Your WI has its own page(s) on this website.
- The basic front page is generated by your MCS entry.
- Your WI Committee appoints a WI Editor (add her to MCS using the "Positions" tab) and then you can add and edit extra pages (eg 'About Us' and 'Programme')
- Many Norfolk WIs have done so.
Get in touch for more information and help
We offer three options:
- Norfolk Federation of WI's Digital Training Team regularly offers workshops to help members get comfortable online. Click on the link to see what topics we might cover.
- Does your WI have members who would like to try using a computer for the first time or members who would like to brush up their online skills? Do you have a local meeting place with WiFi that we could use? Please get in touch and tell us.
- Another strand of our partnership has seen the first successful library sessions at Aylsham and Wymondham with teammates and a librarian to help members "get comfortable online" with their own laptop/tablet/smartphone. If there is a Norfolk Library near you and local members interested in something similar ... please get in touch, also.
- And we will continue to keep this page stocked with help sheets and continue to use the email address
Please let us know what you want or need to be able to do.
Our Digital Team
The Digital Training Team remit is “ to inspire, enthuse, educate and guide members to develop their digital skills.” We have followed a National Federation of WIs' training programme, which we are continuing to roll out in Norfolk Federation. We now have our own programme of training, support and certification. If you are interested in joining us, please get in touch.
This group now also includes
- Federation Web Editor & Deputy
- Federation Social Media Editor & Deputy
- and works closely with Norfolk Communications Committee
Working With Others
- We work with and support all the other Norfolk Federation Sub-Committees
- We have raised funds through the East of England Co-op Scheme to buy equipment
- We have worked with Norfolk County Council Library Service, who donated 10 re-conditioned Chromebooks to us.
- Click here to find out more about our 2017 campaign to raise funds for new equipment through the Aviva Community Fund and the video we made to support our efforts and explain our needs.
- Please get in touch if this aspect is something you can help with.