- 1 shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 red pepper
- ½ lemon
- ½ red chilli
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 gem lettuce
- 1 carrot
- 280g diced chicken
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- 4 soft tacos
- Preheat oven to 200oC
- Halve, peel and thinly slice the shallot. Peel and grate the garlic. Halve the pepper, discard the seeds and thinly slice. Zest and half the lemon. Half the chilli lengthways deseed and finely chop. Roughly chop the coriander (stalks and all). Trim the root from the gem lettuce, half lengthways, thinly slice widthways. Trim and coarsely grate the carrot.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Once hot add the diced chicken and sliced pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Stir fry until the peppers have softened and chicken is golden (around 6-8 minutes). Lower the heat and add the shallot to the pan
- Continue to stir fry until the shallot is softened and the chicken is cooked, 3-4 minutes. Meanwhile mix together the garlic, lemon zest, tomato puree, curry powder and ½ the mango chutney in a bowl. Once the chicken is cooked, stir the mixture into the pan until combined. When everything begins to char, cook for 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- Pop the soft tacos on the middle shelf of oven to warm through, 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pop carrot, lettuce, ½ the coriander, pinch of chilli in a bowl with squeeze of lemon and drizzle of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine
- To assemble, lay out the taco and spread the remaining mango chutney in the centre of each one. Share the salad between each wrap. Add the mango chicken on top. Sprinkle over some of the remaining chilli and coriander. Fold over one end to encase the base of the filling and roll up. Serve with the remaining salad on side
- 425mls Lighter Crème Fraiche
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 lemons
- raspberries, to serve 6 ramekins
- Place the crème fraiche and sugar in a saucepan. Strip the peel from lemons with peeler and add to the crème fraiche.
- Bring the mixture to a rolling boil and allow it to boil vigorously for 5 minutes, stirring often so bottom doesn’t burn.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemons and add to crème fraiche
- Remove from heat and strain through a sieve
- Pour the mixture into ramekins. If using glasses, cool slightly before pouring in.
- Chill in the fridge for 4 hours. Decorate with raspberries
- The posset will keep in the fridge for 3 days